Our Relationship with Ourself
- Once a day look at yourself in the mirror. Really look at yourself (not while brushing your hair or preening). See your eyes, your hair, your mouth. Now smile. Note what you see. This is also a perfect time for those of you who have learned self-talk to exercise this. Really see yourself. This is your first love. The only relationship that will never leave you in your lifetime. With yourself is where everything including all your relationships start.
- Develop some new relationship patterns and behaviors. Learn how to see people as they really are, not how you would like them to be. Take pleasure in the people around you. Recognize that they are not just someone outside of you, they are their own 'you'. See the 'you' inside of them and celebrate their life and who they are. Get to know them.
- Recognize who and what you are attracted to, for you may see patterns that you wish to improve or break. Know what you need and who you are. Others are not mind readers and they do not have the job of being our keepers. Many peoples and nations have fought for centuries to break free of slavery. Why would we wish to submit to slavery in our love relationships as either the master or the slave?
- Know and respect boundaries for yourself and for others. Let them know that you really care.
- Be clear in your communications and define for yourself what an ideal relationship is for you.
- Have a rich and rewarding social life. Your partner is not your one and only. We need more human interaction than with just one other. They are not responsible for you or your happiness, you are. "You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself..." is a wonderful quote by Jo Courdet, and it really says so much. Make sure your needs for connection and companionship are well met, even outside of your romantic relationships, but realize the most crucial relationship of all is the one you have with yourself.
About Us :: Inscape :: Destiny and Love Cards :: Love and Dating
Free Stuff :: Music :: Products :: Links :: Contact Us :: Articles
Book Resources :: Herbals/Alternatives :: Self Evaluations
Inspirational Quotes :: Love and Relationship Tips :: FAQ :: Home
Copyright © 1999-2006 - D.R. Lowrey Used By Permission
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Statement :: Disclaimer